- Why hold a Kick-off event?
Teachers across the country report that nearly half of all children struggle with the transition to school. A Kick-off is a meaningful part of the transition process.
- It encourages on-time enrollment and lays a foundation for regular attendance throughout the school year.
- It provides an opportunity to build positive parent-teacher and parent-school relationships.
- It helps parents create relationships with other parents at their child’s school, encouraging them to become actively engaged in their children’s education.
- Starting the first day with a bang shows families that kindergarten is really a big deal!
A successful Kick-Off event has three components:
- An outdoor celebration with volunteers who welcome families
- An indoor welcome address by the school Principal
- An introduction to the kindergarten classroom and teacher
- A child’s transition into school sets the tone for their educational experience for many years to come. On the first day of school, every child should walk into the classroom feeling excited, ready to learn, and supported by the school, their parents, and their community.