The Turkey Trot is the PTA's biggest fundraising event of the year, and it provides the bulk of funding needed to support Atalaya's teachers and students with supplemental funds and enrichment programming. This is our 11th year. That said, we need your help now more than ever! To launch a full-scale kick off this year's efforts, we will be meeting at the school on Thursday, August 9th at 3pm. Please join us if you can, and if you can't but are interested in helping, please let me know!
The next 6 to 8 weeks are critical for sponsorship solicitations. We have a great list of sponsors and contacts; however, we'll need as many hands on deck as possible to make this event a success as in years past.
If you are interested in helping but not willing to seek sponsorships, that's ok too! Please either attend the kick off meeting on Thursday, come to the first PTA meeting on August 21st, or email me back and let me know what you are willing/able to do!
Turkey Trot Tasks include:
- FUNDRAISING/SPONSORSHIPS (NOW THROUGH END OF SEPTEMBER/EARLY OCTOBER)
- POSTER / RACK CARD DESIGN
- ONLINE REGISTRATION (TBD)
- CITY PERMITTING, TRAFFIC PLAN, INSURANCE AND PORTA-POTTIES (TBD)
- DESIGNING/ORDERING T-SHIRTS
- COURSE MARSHALL & STATION VOLUNTEERS (20 volunteers needed on race day)
- WATER STATION (2-3 volunteers needed on race day)
- COURSE SET-UP (2-3 volunteers needed on race day)
- RACE TIMING (contracted this task, TBD)
- RUNNER CHECK-IN (1 CAPTAIN AND 4 OTHER VOLUNTEERS NEEDED DAY BEFORE & ON RACE DAY)
- RACE REGISTRATION (1 captain and 2 other volunteers needed on race day)
- T-SHIRTS TABLE (1 captain and 5 volunteers on race day)
- KIDS’ RUN COORDINATOR (Captain TBD)
- START/FINISH LINE (3 people to help give medals at finish line)
- RACE SNACKS (1 captain and 2 people to help set-up on race day)
- ATALAYA SEARCH AND RESCUE
- EMCEE (SUPER IMPORTANT JOB) (Need to recruit a local celeb to do this)
- PUMPKIN PIES ORDERING/PICK UP
- SET-UP AND TAKE DOWN
Thanks to all! Looking forward to seeing many of you and to a great school year!
Lisa Roach, Turkey Trot Committee Member. 505-362-8294