Join us for a whole lot of S.T.E.M. fun at the 2018 Back to School Bash at Franklin Miles Park. Help your PTA with setup at 10am. And if you're able to, support your PTA with 15-30 minutes of your time at the Atalaya table.
Únase a nosotros para un montón de diversión S.T.E.M. en el 2018 Back to School Bash en Franklin Miles Park. Ayude a su PTA con la configuración a las 10 a. M. Y si puede, apoye a su PTA con 15-30 minutos de su tiempo en la mesa de Atalaya.
Join your Atalaya Elementary friends at the 2018 Desfile de Los Ninos / Pet Parade! Our theme is “turkey”, as in trotting, so join us and represent our school through the streets of downtown Santa Fe. Pets and turkey-themed costumes are welcomed, of course! Turkey Trot T-shirts provided. Chair: Chris Graeser (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We meet the morning of Saturday, September 8th at 8:30 AM in the New Mexico School for the Arts (St. Francis School) parking lot at Alameda & Paseo. Leave time to look for parking, and look for the Atalaya banner on the big wagon!
- Why hold a Kick-off event?
Teachers across the country report that nearly half of all children struggle with the transition to school. A Kick-off is a meaningful part of the transition process.
- It encourages on-time enrollment and lays a foundation for regular attendance throughout the school year.
- It provides an opportunity to build positive parent-teacher and parent-school relationships.
- It helps parents create relationships with other parents at their child’s school, encouraging them to become actively engaged in their children’s education.
- Starting the first day with a bang shows families that kindergarten is really a big deal!
A successful Kick-Off event has three components:
- An outdoor celebration with volunteers who welcome families
- An indoor welcome address by the school Principal
- An introduction to the kindergarten classroom and teacher
- A child’s transition into school sets the tone for their educational experience for many years to come. On the first day of school, every child should walk into the classroom feeling excited, ready to learn, and supported by the school, their parents, and their community.
Meet your child's teachers, say "hi" to friends, drop off school supplies, and enjoy a meal before school begins!
School supply lists can be found at: http://www.school-supply-list.com/schools/atalaya-elementary-santa-fe-nm-school-supplies-list-78255 or https://www.teacherlists.com/schools/43204-atalaya-elementary.