The Turkey Trot is the PTA's biggest fundraising event of the year, and it provides the bulk of funding needed to support Atalaya's teachers and students with supplemental funds and enrichment programming. This year is our 10th ANNIVERSARY, and we have big plans... possibly even moving the event to the plaza! That said, we need your help now more than ever! To launch a full-scale kick off this year's efforts, we will be meeting at the school on Tuesday, August 8th at noon. Please join us if you can, and if you can't but are interested in helping, please let me know!
The next 6 to 8 weeks are critical for sponsorship solicitations. We have a great list of sponsors and contacts, and we have already begun to seek the bigger sponsorships and grants. However, we'll need as many hands on deck as possible to make this event a success as in years past.
If you are interested in helping but not willing to seek sponsorships, that's ok too! Please either attend the kick off meeting on Tuesday, come to the first PTA meeting on August 29th, or email me back and let me know what you are willing/able to do!
Turkey Trot Tasks include:
- FUNDRAISING/SPONSORSHIPS (NOW THROUGH END OF SEPTEMBER/EARLY OCTOBER)
- POSTER / RACK CARD DESIGN
- ONLINE REGISTRATION (John A.)
- CITY PERMITTING, TRAFFIC PLAN, INSURANCE AND PORTA-POTTIES (John A, Lisa R)
- DESIGNING/ORDERING T-SHIRTS
- COURSE MARSHALL & STATION VOLUNTEERS (20 volunteers needed on race day)
- WATER STATION (2-3 volunteers needed on race day)
- COURSE SET-UP (2-3 volunteers needed on race day)
- RACE TIMING (contracted this task, Lisa M/Lisa R)
- RUNNER CHECK-IN (1 CAPTAIN AND 4 OTHER VOLUNTEERS NEEDED DAY BEFORE & ON RACE DAY)
- RACE REGISTRATION (1 captain and 2 other volunteers needed on race day)
- T-SHIRTS TABLE (1 captain and 5 volunteers on race day)
- KIDS’ RUN COORDINATOR (Lisa M captain?)
- START/FINISH LINE (3 people to help give medals at finish line)
- RACE SNACKS (1 captain and 2 people to help set-up on race day)
- ATALAYA SEARCH AND RESCUE
- EMCEE (SUPER IMPORTANT JOB) (Need to recruit a local celeb to do this)
- PUMPKIN PIES ORDERING/PICK UP
- SET-UP AND TAKE DOWN
Thanks to all! Looking forward to seeing many of you and to a great school year!
Lisa Roach, fellow Atalaya parent and PTA board member. 505-362-8294
Come watch the 2nd grade musical performance in the Cafeteria at 5:30, and then join us in the Library for the meeting!
If you've asked yourself any of the following questions, this is the PTA meeting to attend!
What are the PTA's budget priorities for next year - academic enrichment? teacher support? school-wide events? all of the above? What are the expected shortfalls in the school budget and how can PTA funds help? I wonder if I could serve the PTA as a board member (yes, you know this is one of your questions!)? How's the spring raffle going and how much more do we need to raise? What are the upcoming end-of-year events at Atalaya?
Childcare and pizza for the kids in the school cafeteria during the meeting!
See you there!